Your personal data:
When you visit our website and purchase our products, we collect certain types of information from you. As a User, our products and services cannot be made available to you if you do not provide us with certain types of information such as your name, email address, phone number and city/town. When you contact us to ask questions or make inquiries we also collect your email address and name.
Information we automatically collect
When you interact with our website, some data are collected automatically from your devices such as cookies, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, unique device identifiers, geolocation information and other related technologies.
WE DO NOT COLLECT THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA:
Personal information from third parties: We do not collect your personal information from third party sources. All your personal information is collected directly from you.
Credit card information: We do not collect your credit card information although our payment service providers collects and processes this information when you purchase our products and services for the singular purpose of deducting payments which you have authorised it to deduct.
Personal data: How we use it
- To provide our products and services such as eBooks and consultancy services to you.
- To comply with the provisions of the law;
- To develop and enhance our products through feedback in order to provide premium products and services to you.
- To inform you about newly developed products and services.
- To timely respond to your complaints, requests and inquiries.
- To protect us including our employees third-party affiliates we work with.
Sharing your personal information
Wehave a “no sell” and “no lease/rent” policy as regards your personal information. We do not share or transfer your personal information to third parties for a fee. However, there are instances where we transfer or reveal your personal information:
- In response to legal proceedings or regulatory authorities – to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, subpoena, court order, or other legal process. In this instance, in compliance with the relevant authority we might be compelled to share your sensitive personal data.
- We disclose and sometimes transfer your personal information to third parties who are affiliated with us or our service providers who provide billing services and email services to us. However, we do not share your sensitive personal data with such third parties.
In the event that we share your personal data, applicable safeguards will be put in place and your personal data sharing to third parties will be done in accordance with data protection laws.
We are dedicated to securing your personal data, so we do not share ( except in the above mentioned instances), borrow, sell or even rent your personal information.
Links to third party sites
Legal Basis for Collecting and Using Information
In certain instances we may have a legal basis for collecting and using your information, these instances are:
- The use of your personal data is in accordance with a legal duty; or
- The use of your personal data is essential in order to fulfil our obligations to you under our Terms and Conditions or
- We have an authentic interest in using your personal data–for instance, to provide enhanced services to you.
- The use of your personal data is required to safeguard your pertinent interests or in the interests of others; or
- You have given us your consent to use your personal data to provide our services to you.
To secure your personal information, we use advanced technology such as my SQL database to restrict the number of people in our organisation with access to your personal information. Your personal information is only accessed on “a need to know basis” that is why we set up roles and permission to ensure your personal data is secure.
In the unlikely event that there is a security breach because the internet is not completely secure, we shall promptly inform you and take out necessary security measures and steps to investigate the breach while we shall report same to the relevant authorities.
- You have the right to request for your data.
- You have the right to be forgotten by requesting that we should erase your data. In cases where we have shared your data with third parties, we shall inform them about the erasure of your data, except it is not possible to do so.
- You have the right to alter your data, if it is incorrect. If we have shared the data with anyone else, we will inform them about the correction wherever possible. Where it is impossible to comply with your request to alter your data, we shall inform you accordingly with reasons on why we could not alter your data.
- You have the right to data portability i.e the ability for your personal data to be transferred easily from one IT system or computer to another through a safe and secure means in a standard format.
- You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data by opting out of our marketing emails or newsletters.
- You have the right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing your data based on consent before its withdrawal.
Where it is impossible to process your request, we shall promptly inform you or we shall inform you within one month of receipt of your request with reasons on why we could not process your request. Your requests as it pertains to your rights shall be carried out without charge to you except where it is excessive and unfounded, then we shall charge a reasonable fee for administrative costs of providing the information or communicating or taking the requested action or we shall write a letter to you stating our refusal to act on your request and we shall copy the Agency on such occasion.
Our data policy is in compliance with the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) and other relevant data protection laws in force such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children without their Parent’s or Guardian’s permission. Please contact us, if you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with their personal information. We shall immediately delete the personal data of the child once we are aware of such information.
Personal Data Retention
We retain your personal data for as long as it is needed and in accordance with the Nigerian Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) and other applicable data protection laws such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).